Hello!

On Wed, 11 Oct 2006, Jeremie Le Hen wrote:
Though I admit RELENG_4 is getting dusty, it is not rusty.  I believe it
is still used in many places because of its stability and performance.

For instance, according to Julian Elischer's posts, it seems he is still
working on it.

Is it envisageable to extend the RELENG_4's and RELENG_4_11's EoL once
more ?

Yes, I'm also voting for it. This support may be limited to remote-exploitable vulnerabilities only, but I'm sure there are many old
slow routers for which RELENG_4 -> 6 transition still hurts the performance.
RELENG_4 is the last stable pre-SMPng branch, and (see my spring letters,
Subject: RELENG_4 -> 5 -> 6: significant performance regression)
_very_ significant UP performance loss (which has occured in RELENG_4 -> 5
transition) still isn't reclaimed. So I think it would be wise to extend
{ RELENG_4 / RELENG_4_11 / both } [may be limited] support.

Sincerely, Dmitry
--
Atlantis ISP, System Administrator
e-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]