Sven Willenberger writes:
| On Tue, 2006-10-10 at 22:11 -0700, Doug Ambrisko wrote:
| > Sven Willenberger writes:
| > | FreeBSD 6.2-PRERELEASE #3: Tue Oct 10 13:58:29 EDT 2006
| > | LSi 8480e SAS Raid card

| Adding mfi_linux_enable="YES" to /boot/loader.conf did do the trick of
| having the device added to the system:
|
| # cat /compat/linux/sys/class/scsi_host/host*/proc_name
| (null)
| megaraid_sas
| (null)
|
| # sysctl compat.linux
| compat.linux.oss_version: 198144
| compat.linux.osrelease: 2.6.12
| compat.linux.osname: Linux
|
| Although the MegaCli utility no longer complains about not finding a
| controller, it sadly does nothing else either (except dump core on
| certain commands):
|
| # ./MegaCli -AdpAllinfo -a0

I usually start with that.  It should work okay.  Check your
/compat/linux/dev directory for stuff.  It might have created
null and some other entries look at the dates.  Those nodes could
be wrong.  We have an empty /compat/linux/dev directory.

| # ./MegaCli -AdpGetProp SpinupDriveCount -a0
|
| Segmentation fault (core dumped)
| # ./MegaCli -LDGetNum -a0
|
| Failed to get VD count on adapter -9993.
| # ./MegaCli -CfgFreeSpaceinfo -a0
|
| Failed to initialize RM
|
| and so on ... I am guessing this is an issue with the MegaCli software
| now; needless to say I certainly doubt that this will allow me to flash
| the card bios (or even it if *could*, I would be leery of the process).

If one doesn't work the reset probably won't.  I be cautious to flash
the card.  It should work but I haven't tried it.  If this is your
only card then you have a lot to risk!  On prior cards, Adaptec and
LSI if the flash failed then the card was toast.  MegaCli has some
issues as well.

Doug A.