----- Original Message ----- From: "Torfinn Ingolfsen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2007 10:57 PM
Subject: Re: Some Unix benchmarks for those who are interesed

On Wed, 07 Mar 2007 22:32:36 +0300
Artem Kuchin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hmm. if the whole world uses wht version of unixbench maybe someone
should update freebsd ports version to this wht version, because
otherwise we cannot compare anything else than freebsd. Not good.

Does it really matter?
Benchmarks are like statistics; if you don't find one that fits your
purpose, you just tweak / change an existing one until you get the
results you want.

Not agreed. Benchmarks is a mean of comparing thing for figure out
what is best for you or where is area with problems. If baselines are different then you cannot compare and then you cannot choose or
determine problematic area and cannon improve what you
already have.

just my 0.02 russian federation roubles :)

--
Artem