I know you were working on Xen support in FreeBSD, but web about it
(http://www.fsmware.com/xenofreebsd/7.0/STATUS) has one year old info
(support planned in FreeBSD 6.1). So is there any progress, or Xen will
not be in any near future release?

Basically Xen did not mature in the fashion that I anticipated. As far
as I can tell it is really only good for server consolidation for
large Linux distro vendors. You need to have what amounts to a private
branch. The xen developers don't appear to understand the importance
of interface versioning. They broke ABI compatibility going from 3.0.2
-> 3.0.3 (trivial to fix, but that is not the point). When last I
worked on it, they had one branch that was in constant flux and
another branch that only received minor bug fixes and was 18 months
behind from a functionality standpoint (think 5.x / 4.x). There are
numerous other logging / supportability issues that I think are only
addressed by the major distros. As it stood 6 months ago, unless you
understood the internals of various bits of the code, there was no way
of diagnosing failures due to a misconfiguration.

This is not to say that it isn't cool technology, but rather that
isn't going to be useful for the things I wanted to use it for so my
time is being directed elsewhere. If I ever have a need for EC2 I may
look at it again.

One of the guys who ported FreeBSD to the xbox has expressed interest
- so something may yet come of it.

I'm happy to provide technical support to an individual who is largely
self-sustaining in working on the code.

                 -Kip