On Mar 26, 2007, at 11:19 AM, Marten wrote:
On Sun, 2007-03-25 at 13:53 -0700, Joe Kelsey wrote:
I am having a real hard time with gmirror.  I recently bought two new
400G SATA disks and I want to mirror them. I think I am following the
directions, but I am not sure.

I have seen lockups, spontaneous reboots, corrupt filsystems on 6.0 and
6.2

trigger:

1.a disk io with rsync / scp >  say coping > 100Gb
1.b making backup with tar
2. full filesystems

setup:
-ata controller card
-two ata disks (250Gb)

Try hunting around for the latest VIA test BIOS for the ITX M-series miniboards (check the viaarea.com web-forums, IIRC)...before updating to it, I tended to see fairly reproducible data corruption whenever accessing two or more IDE devices at the same time on a 600MHz VIA C3 ITX system.

--
-Chuck