On Thu, 17 May 2007, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Mark Linimon) wrote:

On Thu, May 17, 2007 at 01:35:10PM -0500, Craig Boston wrote:

The alternative would have been to commit what we had and _then_ found
out all the bugs in the upgrade process (note: you won't be able to just
blindly use portupgrade -af; you will need to read the UPDATING file for
the proper procedure.  This is the unusual case of being such a sweeping
change that the port management tools are not completely up to the task.)

okay could this freeze an explanation for the fact that my x is totally
hosed?  i know any random joe can't necessarily answer that.. but assuming
it is true..

umm..

how long is this freeze going to last then?

I don't know if portmgr@ has approved any commits during the xorg freeze
or not.

Nope.  There are simply too many ports that have interdependencies among
the xorg ports.

mcl