Michael Nottebrock wrote:
> On Monday, 16. July 2007, Kim Attree wrote:
>
>>> Mike,
>>>
>>> I had an 'exec bash' in my $HOME/.profile and removing this allowed me
>>> to run ./Xsession default and push me into KDE !!!!!
>>>
>> KDM though - still refuses to pass to KDE....
>>

> I'm reluctant to give up on the shell angle already - can you try setting
> your
> user's shell to /bin/csh or /bin/sh just for kicks and check if KDM still
> doesn't work?

Mike,

I set the user shell to /bin/sh in passwd using vipw, ran clone_root to
propogate the change to the diskless root, rebooted the client and that
did'nt work.

It's really strange - I'm starting to think maybe its a PAM thing, since
after I put in the user/pass in KDM, it sits for about 45-60 seconds
before going back to the KDM login screen again.

Any Thoughts ?

Thanks

Kim Attree