Jason Evans wrote:
cc1 was only trying to request 130MB, my datasize is 512MB, why did it fail?

It looks to me like gcc is trying to allocate a single 130MiB object, but you don't say anything about how much memory is already in use. It may well be that there are no remaining places in the memory map to place such a large object.

Jason

The machine is a pretty lightly loaded, but low physical mem box. 64mb ram, 384mb of swap normally, with an additional 2gb of swap to a file added for my buildworld attempt.

Mem: 20M Active, 5604K Inact, 27M Wired, 2876K Cache, 14M Buf, 3064K Free
Swap: 2432M Total, 21M Used, 2411M Free

15901 root        1 115    0 12640K 11628K RUN      2:22 86.96% cc1

Thats while building tree-ssa-ccp.c. How do I test out your theory? (Short of watching top while doing the build.)

Josh C