Hello!

Im looking into getting a new server box to replace a Supermicro box, which unfortunately have a bunch of problems with heat, random hangups, crappy IPMI/remote admin capabilities etc.. What I'm looking at is a DL360 G5, probably with one E5335 (quad 2.0) and 4G of RAM and 4x 146Gb SAS disks on the Smart Array P400i card. I've googled and looked through the list archives trying to find success stories/problem reports using FreeBSD on this box, but haven't found very much.. Only thing was http://www.freebsd.org/platforms/amd64/motherboards.html which says "Functional" which isnt very informative ;)

So.. Does anyone have any experience with this combo (DL360 G5 / P400i)?

Furthermore, anyone run 7.0 on this? Or should I still stick with 6.3... Load will be a couple of jails mainly running apache + php + mysql (or at least thats where the load will be).

Thanks!

--
Johan Ström
Stromnet