Hi,

I am trying to backport usb2 to freebsd7.0. I have followed the
instructions at http://www.selasky.org/hans_petter/usb4bsd/index.html
and things work ok on the install until I get to the recommended make
step for me to manually handle (printed out by your make file).
Incidentally, your web site should say to build in the FreeBSD.usb2
directory, I think.

One complication is that I am crosscompiling with the tinybsd script -
at least the target is an x86.

I was held up for awhile because I missed the instruction echo'ed from
the ..../FreeBSD.usb2/Makefile telling me to patch/change kmod.mk.
Missing that causes the make to stop because usb2_if.h is missing.

I had other build breakage due probably to kernel changes, so I just
removed the build files for serial_xxx and storage_rio and wlan(_xxx)
from /sys/modules/usb2/Makefile.

Then, there are two backporting issues. The first looks pretty safe, I
included the little finit routine into usb2_dev.c. That routine does
not exist in FreeBSD 7.0.

The other Issue I am not sure I have safely solved --

Apparently some extra info (file descriptor ptr) is tucked into struct
thread called td_fpop. I could not tell what it is used for - it is
stored to in the USB_VNOPS_FO_CLOSE macro, then fo_close is called,
and then it is nulled. I just commented out both accesses to td_fpop -
the fp is also passed to fo_close, so I don't think it is needed. Do
you know of any issues around td_fpop?

Thanks, and I am sure I will have some more rookie questions as I go forward,

Steve