04.07.20 18:34, Bjoern A. Zeeb пишет:
Hi,

it’s about time for an update on the Intel WiFi and 11ac client project.

As you can read in the 2020Q2 status report [2] (once its out) as well,
the decision was to port over the dual-licensed native Linux driver
under BSD license and using linuxkpi rather than extending iwm(4) as
a first step.

By now most of the lower bits work fine enough so that we attach, can
load and run the firmware.  There is NO WIFI in this snapshot yet.

If you currently have a supported iwm(4) or unsupported Intel Wireless
card of the 7k/8k/9k/22k series (not the iwn(4) models) and want to help
testing you can use the branch at

https://github.com/bzfbd/freebsd-base/tree/iwlwifi

which is a FreeBSD CURRENT from July 4th, or download the last two commit
from there and apply them locally to your tree, compile, install, and
boot the new kernel, and then

kldload if_iwl

The driver will not be loaded automatically for you as we already do for
other drivers to avoid problems or conflicts.  Firmware will be loaded
automatically for you when you load the driver.  You’ll hopefully see a
message (with a typo or two) like:

# kldload if_iwl
HOORAY IWLWIFI LOADED. Check dmesg for:
  iwlwifi0: loaded firmware version ...ucode op_mode iwlmvm
  iwlwifi0: Detected..
  iwlwifi0: base HW address..
lines. If you cannot find them please report back.
#

If you don’t get this printed something went wrong.

Hi,
installing kernel ends with errors (I build only kernel):

ldxref /boot/kernel
kldxref: error while reading /boot/kernel/iwlwifi-9000-pu-b0-jf-b0-46.ucode.ko: Bad address kldxref: error while reading /boot/kernel/iwlwifi-9260-th-b0-jf-b0-46.ucode.ko: Bad address

And loading module does not do anything:

49    1 0xffffffff83815000    6cc10 if_iwl.ko (/boot/kernel/if_iwl.ko)
        Contains modules:
                 Id Name