I'm running a Debian Lenny dom0, with a custom 2.6.32.15 pv_ops kernel
and Xen 4.0.1-rc3-pre. I use PCI passthrough to hand a PCI NIC to a
FreeBSD 8.0-RELEASE domU, which I use as my router/firewall for my
network. When running in a full HVM configuration, this works fine.
However, I recently tried out the XENHVM kernel (tweaked to include
the em driver for my NIC). It worked as expected for all the other
hosts on the network (my workstation, the laptop, etc). However, I
cannot open a web page or any other TCP based session from the dom0. I
can ping hosts on the internet, but I can't establish a TCP session
with them. Has anyone else experienced something like this?

The WAN side of the dom0 uses the PCI passthrough'd em NIC, and the
LAN side is bridged to another NIC on the dom0 to provide access to
the network (both physical and virtual). Can anyone confirm if this
might be resolved in a version more recent than 8.0-RELEASE?

As an aside, I'd like to try this with a fully paravirtualized guest,
but I can't confirm anywhere if FreeBSD has support for the PCI
frontend driver so that I can pass my NIC to a PVM guest.

Cheers,
Mike