On Wed, 20 Jun 2012 22:16:32 -0400 (EDT), bnewb...@robocracy.org wrote:

> General purpose "Configuration Management" seems to be a crucial component
> of the FreedomBox software stack/distribution. It needs to be secure,
> accessible (elegant user experience for diverse userbase), reliable,
> robust, etc.

Bryan, thanks for sending this along.  I don't have any answers, but
these are pretty fundamental questions.  I know there was some talk
about using James's withsql [0] package for at least storing custom
application-specific settings (for, i.e., Plinth and FreedomBuddy) but
that doesn't really solve configuration management problems.  I'd like
to see something that can be hooked into Plinth and built upon there,
but maybe there are other, more important criteria.

Nick