Quoting Marc Draco (2017-12-03 16:28:35)
> I know the PI isn't everyone's idea of an ideal hosting server (it's not
> mine, but it's what i have).
>
> However, I have managed to get Freedombox working beautifully on the latest
> Raspbian Stretch which was released by the foundation just a few days ago.
>
> Some of the documentation on the current site is a little out of date
> regarding this (and also confusing). At one point I was (in my ignorance of
> Debian) chasing a copy of Sid to make it run. Now that sounds daft if you're
> in the know as it were, but it's the sort of stumbling block that would put
> many off.
>
> I'm a happy to make an image for the Pi but I could use a little guidance as
> to where to start, etc. The worst part for me is the size of the default FS
> since Raspbian auto-sizes. I guess I could reduce it to fit (say) 8gb but
> that's less than ideal.

FreedomBox is part of Debian, not Raspbian.

Great if you are interested in testing _FreedomBox (i.e. Debian-based)
on Raspbian hardware, and help improve the FredomBox documentation
(hint: it's a wiki and you are most welcome to create an account and
help edit).

If instead you want to make something _like_ FreedomBox work on Raspbian
then I guess that is great too - but please discuss that with the
developers of Raspbian which is not here.

Hope that helps :-)

 - Jonas