>From what I was reading,I might have a problem (And potentially other users
as well).Back in the FD 1.1 distro,I had my install directory as
C:\SYSTEM\.When the installation finished,it would be C:\SYSTEM\BIN.If the
installation is hard coded to install at C:\FDOS,users may end up having to
EDIT every single config file to point to their new directory.If a choice
was added,that would allow for some functionality.As for the backup during
the installation,that would be the wise thing to do.No matter WHAT mode the
user is in (Basic or advanced),backing up data is always the best route to
go.This way,if something should go wrong,they still have their data.The
backup utility should backup the ENTIRE drive,compress it,and save it to a
drive.If the user is in ADVANCED mode,they can specify where the backup is
to save.Otherwise,it automatically saves to C:\FDOS.OLD\blablabla.The
install process should ask for this prompt near the beginning:"1.I am
installing a new copy of FreeDOS | 2.I am updating FreeDOS [Advanced
mode]".Something along those lines,this way the user has the option to not
completely REINSTALL the OS.As for FDINST REMOVE taking up time,I honestly
don't see how it could.Checking to see if a file already exists takes
MILLISECONDS to compute.Checking 24 files to see if they exist would be
hardly noticeable,if at all. (This runs on the assumption that you aren't
running some potato from 1981).I will add on to this email later,I am out
of time right now.