The new FreeDOS batch file based installer (FDI) has been done for a while now
and
I have used it to install FreeDOS multiple times. Since, it just uses Mateusz’s
repo disc
image for packages and is not FreeDOS 1.1, I consider it a FreeDOS 1.2
preview/alpha
version.

It would be nice to have a FreeDOS 1.2 Beta Release sometime soon. Then a RC and
Final version sometime thereafter.

So, to the best of my knowledge this is what needs to be completed.
(Not by me!)

1) Universally compatible simple fdconfig.sys an autoexec.bat file that is
installed by FDI.

        The present one that is created is has limited compatibility. For
example, boot option 1
        is not compatible with VirtualBox. Someone needs to take a look at them
and provide the
        needed changes. One additional consideration is regarding language and
codepage
        support. FDI can automatically include custom settings for these when
creating a new
        autoexec.bat based on the user’s selected language. If these settings
are to be included,
        they need to be provided and placed in a custom SETLANG.BAT file for
the specific
        language. FDI will embed them into the new autoexec file during the
installation.

2) List of packages for BASE and ALL.

        I have tried to make BASE as close to the what was in FreeDOS 1.1.
        I have no clue what to put into ALL for 1.2.

3) Assist Mateusz in bringing all of his packages up to there latest versions.

4) Assemble a Boot CD that contains the installer and the FreeDOS packages.