I was thinking the same thing. I've been writing my own set of UNIX
tools for DOS for personal use. I've written cat, head, wc, and split,
and I've made my own implementation of getopt which uses DOS-style flags
(begin with '/', use ':' to separate flag from argument) called
getswitch. I used WCC specifically for binary size and 16-bit
compatibility/efficiency.

Would anyone like me to publish these here in their own thread? If so,
are there any other commands that would be nice to add to them?

Only slightly related, I also wrote a utility for taking a split archive
spread across multiple diskettes, reassembling it, and unzipping it at
C:\. I made this as a backup utility for DOS games I have in case the
original diskettes fail. I can publish that as well if requested.

Happy Hacking,

David E. McMackins II
Associate Member, Free Software Foundation (#12889)
Life Member, National Rifle Association of America (#226579338)

www.mcmackins.org www.delwink.com
www.gnu.org www.fsf.org