Hi,

On Sat, Sep 29, 2018 at 6:22 PM Steve Nickolas <usots...@buric.co> wrote:

> For what it's worth, I actually agree with Tom here, not that I've
> actually given anything of real significance to the FreeDOS project (other
> than the single disk distro I did 15 years ago).

I almost also said "or Steve" because I do consider your opinion important.

If Jim (and/or Eric) agrees, then the description of "freedos-devel"
needs to be clarified.

"Are you interested in writing programs for FreeDOS? Freedos-devel is
for developers, developers, developers!"

(Certainly that reference is to Ballmer and Windows, where development
of the OS itself is off-limits except to certain MS employees. So the
call for more developers there almost certainly means userland stuff.
Granted, even then, Tom could prefer talking about bundled OS utils
like "FIND" or "DEBUG" rather than third-party stuff like "FORTUNE".)

Because it was far from obvious, to me, that this list was ever meant
to be so narrow in focus. To me, "development" is for everything
involving code, compilers, etc. (as long as indirectly related to DOS,
of course). It's not like we have that many posters, so I don't know
why Tom is so overwhelmed!