Hi again, Jim,

Just for completeness ....

On Wed, Nov 7, 2018 at 9:01 AM Rugxulo <rugx...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Of course, there are many other Invaders clones
> (e.g. one ported from QBASIC to XPL0

* http://www.xpl0.org/INVADERS.ZIP

"
This game is freeware. That is, it's free to use and distribute anywhere you
like, but only on condition that you keep the three files (INV78-02.EXE,
INV78-02.TXT and INV78-02.BAS) together and that you don't charge any payment
for it.

Also, I cannot be held responsible if this program does anything nasty to your
machine. It hasn't damaged anyone's PC that I'm aware of and there's no reason
why it should, really. -- James Eibisch, Jun 1996, Dec 2000
"

(Meh, non-commercial isn't great, but alas, without further
clarification, that's probably a no-go for us.)

> and also an old 3D Allegro one that can build for DJGPP).

*
https://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/games/arcade/invaders/xinvaders3d-1.3.6.src.tar.gz

GPLv2, from 2000, Don Llopis, needs Allegro (3.12?) + DJGPP, has
README.dos + Makefile.dos + main-dos.c

I haven't rebuilt it, but it should work. (Somewhat hard to find,
though, because the SF.net project has disappeared.)

P.S. Space Invaders (and the 8086) turned 40 this year.