Hi, guys,

On Sun, Jan 27, 2019 at 6:35 PM Jim Hall <jh...@freedos.org> wrote:

> Thanks for sharing! This is great stuff, so I've tweeted it from the FreeDOS
> twitter and just posted a news item about it on the website.
>
> On Fri, Jan 25, 2019 at 7:23 AM Eric Auer <e.a...@jpberlin.de> wrote:
>>
>> Hi DOS developers :-)
>>
>> As mentioned on BTTR, there is a really nice series of by
>> now four tutorials about low level DOS programming, with
>> multi core and long mode, by Michael Chourdakis :-) There
>> also is a proposed API which will help you to use multiple
>> CPU cores in your DOS projects.
>>
>> Enjoy! :-) Cheers, Eric

This (well, his DMMI code) was briefly mentioned on BTTR (under a
thread about Necromancer's DOS Navigator, aka NDN). I'm not sure it's
free/libre, though.

* https://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.en.html#cpol  ("not a free
software license")

I recently saw him (very infrequently) posting on FASM's forum, and
that's apparently what tool he uses. But I never got around to asking
him directly to relicense any of his work. I definitely think this can
be a burden for us. Even if most people are still *very* naive
regarding licensing, we in FreeDOS have to be very careful because we
want to remain and only be free/libre going forward (if possible at
all, sometimes it's not).

Just FYI. Sorry to be pessimistic, but maybe someone can cajole him
into relicensing.