There really isn't going to be anything Qt-like for DOS. Qt is built around the
existence of a display server which isn't really a concept in DOS.
Theoretically it could be done in protected mode, but I don't know of anything
that does this.

Your best bet is going to be C or C++ and just do some basic graphics
programming. If your machine is 20 years old, it most certainly has VGA
available which is pretty easy to program for in plain old C. It'll be a good
learning opportunity for you, since it seems like you have yet to dip your feet
into low level development.

Regards,

David E. McMackins II
www.mcmackins.org www.delwink.com