The excel file is a result of my tests that I made while creating the new help version.
I simply often looked if there is a new version with bug fixes available and sent the links to Jerome. The list is miles away from being complete. Till now I did not use it for other purposes that cause more work.
I do not know how Jerome handles them.
Of course I can forward the excel file.

Shall I really write a mail to the whole group that I found updates for all this?
In this case I will also have to write if it makes sense to remove files too?
E.g a comment should be added that chess requires nansi, otherwise it is bs? And that it it makes no sense to update it?
Or that zoo from 1991 cannot restore files on fat32 but crashes, there is an actual bugfix, see bttr forum, but I am not sure if someone forwards it to Jerome?

Btw: what happened with the promised tree update where I asked for last autumn?

As english help is completed now, i only have to run final things to reduce size and to look for bugs etc. It would be great if the fd community could REALLY check it.

www.bootablecd.de/FreeDOS-Internet-version/help110/en/index.htm

Too avoid at least one bad comment the fish is no longer in blue colour but in grey.
It will not be in htmlhelp or amb.
Could someone PLEASE PLEASE
check if the legal comments are correct?
I simple overtook them. What do I have to modify?
Is everything else correct?
I needed two years to rewrite everything from scratch and have no time to write changes every week from now on as this is the base for at least FOUR other languages.

And now the bad news:
Mateusz is no longer willing to transform the htm files to amb. I can understand him.
As I cannot program, there are several ways to handle this:
- one of the group writes a checking and transformation tool htm to amb, I can try to ask Mateusz if he gives out the tool he used till now,
- as htmlhelp.exe
Works very good now, we only use htmlhelp and avoid double work
- I will not rewrite hundreds of files to amb manually, this in 5 languages, please keep in mind that we have more than 350 files * 5 languages!
This would need some years
- any other idea?

One more thing, some programmers think it is a good idea to compile their small programs in different languages, it isnt for several reasons, maybe except tools like kernel and command.com. Nobody compiles them and Jerome has the job to check if there is an update and it is really compiled
I wouldnt do so if I were he.

As there is a road carneval in Munich tomorrow with the Damische Ritter, damisch has a double meaning - dame is a lady or it means crazy - I am not sure if I can go to the tomorrow meeting. Meeting stsrts at 6 pm, carneval ends at 5 pm.

Sorry for overlong text and typos. I wrote the text with my phone.

Willi

--
Diese Nachricht wurde von meinem Android Mobiltelefon mit mail.com Mail gesendet.