Luchezar Georgiev schreef:

Lucho, whatever you do. Please leave that copyright message in. You made a proposal to change it. Then just removed it. Which is worse.

The justice finally caught the criminal! I didn't remove it, I had just *moved* it to AUTOEXEC.BAT where it can be enjoyed in its full glory for as long as you wish instead of only for 3 seconds, and I announced that in my COUNTRY.SYS announcement, stating that I anticipate a stormy reaction to that. And here it is! OK, I added it back to main.c but the kernel became > 40 KB. So I must find a way to optimise it further. When I do this (hopefully tomorrow), I'll upload the new files.

How much space does the bootsector have? "Loading FreeDOS kernel (licensed under GPL)"

bootsector: mentioning kernel + GPL
kernel: commented out full notice (so does not get compiled in, but in sources)
autoexec.bat: optional file, contains full notice as you currently have

kernel should contain the GPL-message, but I don't think there's any need that it shows the GPL-message while being loaded.
Bootsector can do that, IF there's enough space in it.
Full "(c) P Villani 19xx-20xx, licensed under GPL, see license for usage and distribution terms" can be in the optional autoexec.bat file

Bernd