Alain M. schreef:
> I use regularly FreeDOS in users instalations with brand new, superfast
> motherboards. The aplication is heavy Database usage and FreeDOS is
> prerforming better then MS-DOS...

Great. Is switching kernel the only thing that's relevant or did you
switch any other components as well?
> There is a systematic problem only with ASUS motherboards (in the last 3
> years aprox.) System crashes, files get corrupted, etc :( :(

Recent motherboards can be very picky about system memory. My "Striker
Extreme" board won't accept any memory modules into its 4th slot.
(or doesn't like dualchannel perhaps).
> Does anyone have any information or Idea about this problem? Would any
> of Jack's driver help?

I don't know your usage cases of DOS + database.
Provide more details if possible. Also try starting troubleshooting your
system. "Memtest+" could do miracles to test memory. Start with 1 memory
module, test each module, then extend to 2 modules installed at same
time, etc.
Another option is to exclude harddisk access by using a RAMDISK, so
there's no harddisk involved, nor cache, IDE controller, PCI bus, etc
(install your DB on ramdisk, then use it as if it was on harddisk - just
for testing. Not permanent ofcourse as changes get lost upon system
reboot if you don't perform a manual backup).

I'm not sure how to detect corruption of a filesystem explicitly.

Bernd