Hello all,
It is true that no DOS provides pipes.  HX makes up for this by creating a
new file and opening 2 instances (1 read only)--per the HX docs that I
looked at on Sunday.  If SHARE is not loaded, this ostensibly "may not
work as expected."

Christian:
Is your file sharer ready yet (able to load  & reliably share files)?
Does it work under FreeDOS, or RxDOS only?

It seems to me that use of assembly is better than C _under certain
conditions_:
If the active developers prefer to write assembly
If C is unclear/unportable
If an assembly program is ready
If a C version is deemed stable and unlikely to change, a translation is fit

But I personally will take any working file sharer (if it's OW only,
 I would like a smaller download).

Thank you,
Ibidem