Hi,

this to the kernel developers. Affected is at least dos_open when creating
files (and possibly directories?). dir_write_update is used, which will
flush all buffers for the affected file system (after creating and
modifying a buffer for the affected directory entry) but not check whether
the specific buffers were flushed correctly. Other functions writing to
directories and file systems might be affected by similar bugs.

Here's a longer report about this, along with a user's bug report:
http://www.bttr-software.de/forum/forum_entry.php?id=9783

The source code that I looked this up in might be an outdated revision but
I verified that the SVN repo's latest revision of dir_write_update appears
to work the same way.

Regards,
Christian