On Sat, Apr 9, 2011 at 6:56 PM, Eric Auer <e.a...@jpberlin.de> wrote:

> Hi Pat, kernel gurus Jeremy and Bart,
>
>> You can release it [an updated kernel], but I want to put
>> it together with other updates and finally generate v1.1.
>
> You mean a FreeDOS 1.1 BASE ISO image? That would be nice,
> but you can of course use many already pre-packaged updated
> packages from the fdupdate repository and also the updated
> installer from Jim for that...
>
> There is another problem, though: People why try to download
> a current kernel end up e.g. on fdos.org which is long dead,
> but used to contain an automated regular build of the kernel
> and a minimalistic boot floppy image containing that. Maybe
> the tradition of having "daily builds" somewhere could be
> resurrected, for those who cannot or do not want to compile
> kernels from the subversion repository manually. This would
> also be nice for tasks like binary search for when things in
> a regression bug broke and/or got fixed, etc :-)

I do plan on restoring fdos.org, currently the [old] content is still
available at fdos.info (e.g. wiki.fdos.info, help.fdos.info, and
www.fdos.info).

FYI: fdos.info is just a new domain name that is mapped to the same
content fdos.org used to point to.  fdos.org points to a new hosted
virtual computer - early last November I had started migrating my data
from the old site to the new one, but all my computers were stolen -
hopefully in month I'll finally have a replacement.

>>> An SVN source tarball can be obtained at:
>>> http://freedos.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/freedos/kernel/trunk/?view=tar
>>>
>>> An 8086/FAT32 OW1.9 compiled kernel.sys binary for testing at:
>>> http://dosemu.org/bart/kernel.sys
>>>        * r1565 sys/sys.c: Change // to /* comments for Turbo C
woops, sorry

> Thanks again for all those recent updates.
>
> Regards, Eric

Yes, thank you guys for all the bug fixes and other improvements!
Jeremy