> Bart's later fixes based on I think dos386's feedback (could
> be Christian Masloch, can't recall right now who reported).

For the record: If you're talking about the FAT crosslinking issues, I
didn't report anything regarding that.

Here's a report again not regarding FAT crosslinking issues:
In revision 1634 which adds CONFIG.SYS options via MEMDISK command line
support, in _query_memdisk the passed drive is ignored (and 0 = first
floppy is always used) because this sequence of instructions is wrong:

>         mov dl, al              ; drive number (...)
>         mov eax,454d0800h       ; magic1 + AH=8 (...)
>         mov ecx,444d0000h       ; magic2
>         mov edx,53490000h       ; magic3 +
>         mov ebx,3f4b0000h       ; magic4

It should be:

>         mov edx,53490000h       ; magic3 +
>         mov dl, al              ; drive number (...)
>         mov eax,454d0800h       ; magic1 + AH=8 (...)
>         mov ecx,444d0000h       ; magic2
>         mov ebx,3f4b0000h       ; magic4

For something different, regarding the comment why this MEMDISK support is
currently only provided in 386 builds, wouldn't it suffice to use the byte
in the list of lists that shows whether a 386 is available? Ah, I see that
the kernel doesn't actually set that byte in 8086-compatible builds ever.
The 8086-compatible kernel should check whether a 386 is in use, and set
the byte if so. Fix that and you can use the byte as argument to
_query_memdisk or check it from within the function yourself or whatever.

Regards,
Christian