On 19 July 2011 13:27, Kenneth J. Davis <jere...@fdos.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 25, 2011 at 4:40 PM, Bernd Blaauw <bbla...@home.nl> wrote:
>> Op 25-6-2011 16:06, Kenneth J. Davis schreef:
>>> Hello all.

>> Are there any verified/stable working compiled versions available of the
>> following?
>> * COMMAND (there's an openwatcom CVS/SVN version somewhere?)
> I finally managed to built the OW version (had issues with the utility
> programs being built as win16 executables, so modified the makefiles
> to build them as win32 [native], and have yet to build the installable
> command loading program - didn't even know it existed) so you can now
> find OW builds of command.com on fdos.org

Thanks for testing! I haven't had the time to properly finish the port
myself so I've been careful not to promote it too much...

Anyway, yes: the sequence such as
d:\watcom\BINW\wcc -zq mktools.c @watcomc.cfg
d:\watcom\BINW\wlink f mktools.obj lib ..\SUPPL\SUPPL_s.LIB op q
gives a win16 executable instead of the intended dos16 if %WATCOM% is
set to d:\watcom\binnt instead of d:\watcom\binw.

It's probably best to make things explicit (unless the goal is a true
Win32->DOS cross-compile), using DOS16 utilities, by changing the last
part of mkfiles\watcom.mak to:

CFLAGS1 = -os-s-wx-bt=dos

#               *Implicit Rules*
.obj.exe:
 $(BINPATH)\wlink sys dos f $< lib
$(SUPPL_LIB_PATH)\SUPPL_$(SHELL_MMODEL).LIB op q
.c.obj:
 $(CC) $< @$(CFG)

But I haven't tested this!

Bart