Hi Felix -

Go back to the original set of questions that started this ... My FreeDOS machine is plugged into a KVM switch which supports only VGA and PS2. In the near future - 6 months or so - that KVM must be upgraded to support HDMI displays and USB keyboard/mouse. In order to continue using the FreeDOS machine, it also must support HDMI display and USB keyboard/mouse.

I could put it on a dedicated display, but there is no place in the house to set it up that way. The FreeDOS system has to live on my computer rack.

I was leery when I bought the adapter, but I figured for $10 it was hard to go far wrong. It was worth a try.

Bill Gee