I'm just kind of amazed at what I read here at times.

It is no secret that DOS is no longer a mainstream operating system.  As a
result, support for it on physical hardware is minimal, if it is supported
at all.  Modern machines are just not intended to be used with DOS as the
primary, "bare metal" operating system.

A lot of us are here because we like DOS but most of us don't try to
force-fit into places where it doesn't work.  When there is a better,
supported solution for something it often makes more sense to use that
instead of trying to make it work under DOS.  There are many examples of
things where DOS is great and even fun, but many more examples where DOS is
not a suitable solution.

This isn't controversial or hostile.  It is reality.