Same thing exactly going on here. Many others experiencing
the same results. Something is wrong with sr #2. Try this, I haven't
yet:

Hi, it could be the case that the nlsfunc interaction is what
crashes for you (nlsfunc/display/mode/devel-kernel). Try if it
helps to skip loading nlsfunc (hit f8 at boot, then you are
asked for each driver if it should be loaded). If that helps:
Just remove nlsfunc from your config sys. Then chcp will no
longer work, but you can still use display and mode to switch
codepages manually.

If it doesn't work, try to download sr#1. It works fine.
Good Luck,
JeffM.

--
Let him choose out of my files, his projects to accomplish.
                -- Shakespeare, "Coriolanus"