I have on Disk that has a bad sector in it. It was brought to me by a
user because it was crashing the system.

The disk is 160Gb single partition, SATA, 1Gb RAM. I used latest kernel
(2039) and an older one too.

DOSFSCK -fav C:
DOSFSCK -tfrv C:
(version 2.11DOS3) locks short after starting, after the message
"Reading file allocation table", is it running with disks/partitions
this size? It was running before the problem, but could this be related
simply to disk size?

Norton NDD reports the bad sector. If I do "copy *.* NUL" I get error
reading error in the same file.

Could dosfsck locking be related to the bad sector?

Please help, I need very much a tool to fix a lisk like that. (Not that
specific one as everything has been transfered and I can keep it for
testing for a while)

Thanks all,
Alain