> I wonder if a "workaround" would be to detect Dillo on the web site

Please don't do it like that ... it's just recycling this B.S. "technology":

if (detectIE5)
  make IE5 happy
else
  if (detectIE5.5)
    make IE5.5 happy
  else
    if (detectIE6)
      make IE6 happy
    else
      if (detectOpera)
        make Opera happy
      else
        ASS'ume IE7 and make IE7 happy
      endif
    endif
  endif
endif

So my proposal is: simplification YES, detect Dillo
(or Arachne or DOSLynx or whatwever) NO.

> SSL, FTP and uploads of files are not supported yet.

Upload works mostly in Win32 Dillo.

> Here is a screenshot of freedos.org using dillo for Win32 and  "View mobile
> site"
> http://tinypic.com/r/2q18ig0/5

??? I can't see it :-(

Anyway, the freedos.org layout is "an issue",
but for me the wishlist sorted by importance would be:

0. Hangers
1. Uploads
2. HTTPS / SSL
3. Layout