On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 11:19 AM, Rugxulo <rugx...@gmail.com> wrote:
> P.S. The buzz is all around tablets and touchscreens these days. While
> I can (barely) see the point, it seems bad for things like text input.
> But I guess if all you're doing is browsing around or playing (very)
> simplistic games, it doesn't matter.

Think of tablets as half-duplex.  They are media consumption devices,
and the communication is mostly *to* the tablet.

If you use a tablet, for the most part, you don't *do* text input.  A
touch screen interface is quite adequate to select media you want to
consume.

If you *do* need to do text input, that's what USB keyboards are for,
and many tablets support them.  I know a few writers that find an iPad
and external keyboard a handy portable writing solution, much smaller
and lighter than a laptop.
______
Dennis