Op 5-8-2012 23:35, nospam schreef:

> yes, Robert also found that the ISO image will not run with VMware and
> VirtualPC. I had tested it with Bochs and that did work. I agree that you
> can use Bochs mainly for development because it is slow.

QEMU might also be an option, faster than Bochs.
Not tried [ http://qemu.weilnetz.de/w32/2012-06-28/ , QEMU v1.1 I think]
yet, I'm too lazy to find out how to download an entire web directory in
1 go. Guess some FireFox extension should allow it.

> The ISO is an ElTorito CD using FAT16 hard disk emulation. BIOS has no
> problem booting from that. I did expect users to write the ISO image to a
> (e.g. re-writeable) CD and boot from that. This should work well with your
> existing PCs also.

Like above, I'm lazy hehe. The Zalman VE200/VE300 enclosures are able to
represent ISO files as hardware DVD device if booting from USB. Same for
the upcoming ISOSTICK [
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/elegantinvention/isostick-the-optical-drive-in-a-usb-stick

]

> If you have instructions somewhere how to add my files to your FreeDOS 1.1
> ISO and then make a new bootable ISO image from that I will give it a try.
> Since the BIOS and Bochs have no problems with my ISO image I did not expect
> problems with VMware and VirtualPC.

I'd have to look up my IMGBURN settings for that, and analyse your CD
layout as well. Saving that for when I got 3 weeks vacation, away from work.

Bernd