I have been puzzled by ticking a checkbox in a GUI with the keyboard as well, but never bothered to find out, because I could always use the mouse.

Thanks for the info.

On 06/08/2012 16:12, David C. Kerber wrote:
FYI, the spacebar is also the way you check and uncheck with the keyboard in
windows, and I believe Linux as well.

-----Original Message-----
From: Geoffrey van Wyk [mailto:geoffrey.van...@bernadine.biz]
Sent: Monday, August 06, 2012 9:22 AM
To: freedos-user@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Freedos-user] How do I check a box in FreeDOS
during installation?

Thanks a lot! That works. :-)

Geoffrey

On 06/08/2012 09:32, Ralf A. Quint wrote:

        At 12:01 AM 8/6/2012, Geoffrey van Wyk wrote:

                Dear All,

                At a certain point during the installation of
FreeDOS, one has to
                choose which optional packages to install. The
packages selected by
                default are marked with Xs in their repective
boxes. One then has to
                place Xs in the boxes of the unselected packages.

                I do not know how to make the Xs in the boxes.
I can move between
                boxes with the arrow keys, but cannot find any
way to make an X. I
                have tried to type the X. I also tried SHIFT +
X, to no avail.

                Please help.

        Could you possibly persuaded to use the space bar/key?

        Ralf

        Live Security Virtual Conference
        Exclusive live event will cover all the ways today's
security and
        threat landscape has changed and how IT managers can
respond. Discussions
        will include endpoint security, mobile security and the
latest in malware
        threats.
http://www.accelacomm.com/jaw/sfrnl04242012/114/50122263/