----------  Original message  ----------
Subject: Re: [Freedos-user] Partition magic anyone?
Date:    Friday, 05. October 2012
From:    Santiago Almenara <almen...@gmail.com>
To:      "Discussion and general questions about FreeDOS." <freedos-
u...@lists.sourceforge.net>
> On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 11:53 PM, Felix Miata <mrma...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> > Likely if you had it you'd be stumped when you have devices of more than
> > 2TB.
> > Try http://partedmagic.com/doku.php instead.
>
> Why not use GParted?
> It's free.

GParted is part of Parted Magic.

http://partedmagic.com/doku.php?id=start
[Quote]
The Parted Magic OS employs core programs of GParted and Parted to handle
partitioning tasks […]
[/Quote]

I used Parted Magic a couple of times and it works great for just
partitioning. At least for DOS I don’t see any problems there, but it is
definitely not 100% when it comes to the newest Windows on GPT or with OS X and
HFS+ partitions. At least a version of Parted Magic I used a couple of years
ago had issues (Mac OS X and Windows issues that is).

Cheers,
Andreas.