On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 4:39 PM, Chris Evans <aaxiomfin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> why install win98?    if the computer is specd for it, install freedos, and
> then install ubuntu and dual boot
> between the two.  and use wine for windows stuff.

Because the intent is to play games that are native for Windows.  If
the box will be a dedicated gaming machine, Ubuntu and the overhead
imposed by Wine is pointless.  Install Win98 and be done with it.

I'm not even sure there's a reason to have FreeDOS in the mix.
______
Dennis
https://plus.google.com/u/0/105128793974319004519