On 9/1/2014 12:30 PM, Tom Ehlert wrote:
> any good reason mTCP and DHCP can't update/use WATTCP.directly ?
>
> imho there should be a *single* network configuration file, used by
> *all* network stuff on the machine.
>
> changing mTCP to understand WATTCP.CFG is trivial. (WATTCP.CFG has
> been around for ages, and mTCP is under active development, so mTCP
> should learn to understand WATTCP.CFG)

I took a look at the WATTCP configuration file once and I found some
extra things in there that could complicate things, so I moved along.
If somebody else wants to pick up the mTCP DHCP source code and change
it they are welcome to do so.  I've contributed quite a bit the last few
years.

I wrote mTCP from scratch before I was aware of WATTCP.  I can count on
my fingers the number of times I've used WATTCP apps since I've become
aware of it.  While I am happy that people are using my code, I code for
my own enjoyment.  And WATTCP is not on the RADAR at the moment.

Another option would be to just fix the WATTCP code so that it handles
DHCP better.  Has anybody looked into that?

Mike