Hi,

On Wed, Sep 3, 2014 at 2:20 PM, Ray Davison <ray...@charter.net> wrote:

> Create boot floppy;
> Bad command or file name - "I:\FreeDOS\3rdParty\extract"
> FAT12
> System transferred
> Floppy no-boot.

I've not tried this myself. Though I think you can find Extract here:

ftp://ftp.winimage.com/extrac21.zip
ftp://ftp.sac.sk/pub/sac/utildisk/extrac21.zip

I'm not sure why it's being used here. You don't need it to build a
floppy image.

Are you looking to install some minimal FreeDOS from floppy? Do you
need an .img for actual hardware or some kind of VM? There are quite a
few (old) floppy .img files online. The problem is that most of them
don't have what you want, are hard to modify, don't have sources, too
old, too buggy, etc.

There's just very little interest in floppy .img files these days.
Most people roll their own inside VirtualBox or QEMU or whatever.
That's what I did recently (more on this later). But (AFAIK) you can't
fit a full FreeDOS "BASE" on a floppy, it's too big. So you have to
pick and choose, be extremely precise about what pieces you need,
want, what you're trying to do, etc.

In other words, what specifically are you trying to do? What files do
you need on there? What machines / environments are you trying to use?
There have been two or three people here recently asking about having
a floppy to install from, but it's just not obvious (to me) what they
intend to do that they can't already do with pre-existing (old) .img
files.

Wanting latest / greatest and all features under the sun is fine, but
it's not realistic. You have to be more specific so we can tell you
what's possible, reasonable, etc.