On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 3:05 PM, "Jose Antonio Senna"
<jasse...@vivointernetdiscada.com.br> wrote:

>  I agree with D M Cunney that javascript is the most important
> shortcoming of DOS browsers, but I think HTML5 less needed
> than SSL v3

People are full speed ahead on HTML5 largely because the <video>
keyword will theoretically let you stream video without needing Flash.
(You'll still be\need a codec, but that will be part of the browser,
not a third-party plugin.)

I use the Dillo browser in Linux, and Dillo doesn't support
JavaScript.  (There are longer term plans for it to do so, but they
need to do extensive DOM support first.)  In Linux, I use Dillo as a
browser for local HTML files, where JavaScript is not a requirement.
For web browsing, I use Firefox.

I don't currently try to use a browser in DOS.  Since I have a 100mbit
broadband connection, and systems running Windows, Linux, and Android
that can connect through it, there is no need for or point to trying
to connect from DOS, and I don't bother.

>  JAS
______
Dennis
https://plus.google.com/u/0/105128793974319004519