Hi all,

I was setting up my old 486 last weekend, and I had some hard time
getting all the 'COUNTRY.SYS' preferences right. I mean, who on earth
thought that providing pre-compiled sets of preferences is better than
simply asking the user to set each preference himself?

I might have an odd taste, but what I like is not present in
COUNTRY.SYS, there's always at least one setting that bothers me.

This motivated me to create a new tool, that I called localcfg. This
tool provides a neat way of telling what YOU would like your DOS to look
like, setting all the settings below independently from each other:
  - decimal separator
  - thousands separator
  - currency
  - time/date format
  - ...

How does it work? You provide localcfg with all the preferences you
like, and localcfg generates a custom COUNTRY.SYS-compatible file
tailored for you. Then, it's only a matter of including it from within
your CONFIG.SYS via the usual COUNTRY=xyz directive.

localcfg can be downloaded here:
http://localcfg.sourceforge.net

or from ibiblio:
http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/micro/pc-stuff/freedos/files/distributions/1.1/repos/util/localcfg.zip