On 8/1/2015 3:49 PM, sunbeam...@juno.com wrote:
> What does  HXRT have to do with it. Is it a fix for programs that
> refuse to run without windows near by.
> I ask some our local computer experts and they've never heard
> of a PE file.
> You should consider editing Wikopedia; to make it easier for
> low tech people to understand.
> Usually when I buy DOS programs off Ebay or at a hamfest that
> refuse to run without windows; I usually just trash them.

HXRT is a "DOS Extender" that allows some Windows programs to run on
plain DOS.

If a "local computer expert" doesn't know what a PE file is , (s)he
isn't an "expert". It's the executable format ever since Windows went
32bit, so for about 20 years now...

And the explanation at Wikipedia is actually pretty good, including
links to more in-depth information.

But in general, I think you get hung up on that topic far too much...

Ralf

---