I forgot to mention. The pci parallel expansion is a 3-in-1.  It has one
parallel, and two serial (I think).  Could this be the reason why the
computer sees it as LPT3?  If so, how do I change it to LPT1? I can't see
anything in BIOS that would allow me to do that (?).  I've also read about
CMOS being different from BIOS, but I don't know how to get in there.

Thank you