If Jack's drivers are left out of version 1.2 ; is there
something to replace them.

DS

On Thu, 12 May 2016 17:19:28 -0500 Rugxulo <rugx...@gmail.com> writes:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 12:50 PM, Jerome E. Shidel Jr.
> <jer...@shidel.net> wrote:
> >
> > So far, I have gone through all of the ARCHIVER and BASE packages
> and have corrected their LSM data.
> >
> > In those groups, these packages have not been solved.
> >
> > Unknown license information and will probably be dropped from
> release,
> >
> > ARCHIVER/ARJ
>
> I don't know about ARJ (clone), I've never needed to use it. I (very
> rarely) used UnARJ, which seems "Free" (to my naive eyes, but it's
> always hard to tell). So, if you really want ARJ support, include
> that
> instead.
>
> ftp://ftp.sac.sk/pub/sac/pack/unarj265.exe
>
> EDIT: Oops, it's possibly "non-free" (although I honestly have no
> idea
> why). Debian now seems to prefer the full ARJ (from ARJ Russia on
> SF.net, which I vaguely think is the same one mentioned above as
> "ARCHIVER/ARJ"; at least FD's "UTIL" ARJ is apparently that one).
>
> https://archive.debian.net/search?lang=km&searchon=names&keywords=unarj
> https://archive.debian.net/km/sarge/unarj

https://archive.debian.net/changelogs/pool/main/a/arj/arj_3.10.21-2/arj.c
opyright

> > ARCHIVER/ZOO
>
> ZOO is another older archive format. The only two gotchas that I
> (barely) remember are that 2.01 was public domain yet lacked
> "higher"
> compression (LZW, now patent expired). 2.10 had some weird clause
> about "don't charge more than $xyz" (against Compuserve?), but that
> apparently has been rescinded in recent years (as Linux distros
> nowadays sometimes include it). E.g. see below for Debian, which
> claims it's "public domain":

http://metadata.ftp-master.debian.org/changelogs//main/z/zoo/zoo_2.10-28_
copyright

> There's also (public domain) BOOZ, but that's only the unpacker. So
> you could also just include that (instead) if desired.
>
> ftp://ftp.sac.sk/pub/sac/pack/booz20.zip
>
> > Missing sources,
> >
> > BASE/COMMAND
>
> AFAIK, it hasn't changed lately, as there is no maintainer. So just
> grab this:

https://www.ibiblio.org/pub/micro/pc-stuff/freedos/files/distributions/1.
0/pkgs/commands.zip

> But I haven't looked closely (thousands of files, ugh!). The only
> dependency, AFAIK, is Suppl, but I think that's already included
> (unlike in 0.82pl3 sources).
>
> Hmmm, seems "suppl.tgz" is included twice, but the (.tgz) CRC fails.
> Yeah, I vaguely remember that error, ugh!
>
> So also grab Suppl from here:

https://www.ibiblio.org/pub/micro/pc-stuff/freedos/files/distributions/1.
0/pkgs/suppls.zip

-----