I see it is back up now. I had been doing some reading on the pros/cons of
FreeBASIC vs QB64. Not looking to start a flame war here, but I had decided to
invest some time with FreeBASIC when the site went down. I thought perhaps that
was an early portent that I had picked the "wrong" compiler. I see that Black
Annex is probably written with QB64
(http://www.pcworld.com/article/2033318/black-annex-is-the-best-qbasic-game-youve-ever-seen.html).

Does anyone have any experience or tips working with the DOS version of
FreeBASIC in FreeDOS that they'd like to share?

If not, thanks for humoring me this far in the thread.

Sincerely,
Abe