After some research I decided FreeDOS would be a good replacement for
MS-DOS 6.22 on an old 486 I'm playing with.
I downloaded and burned to CD the iso. I also downloaded the boot
floppy disk image because the old 486 will not boot from the external
SCSI CD drive.
To my dismay I found that the boot disk image is too big to fit on a
1.44 floppy.
This makes me question the decision to switch. How in the world can an
organization dedicated to promoting this better version of DOS get it
wrong when it comes to the size of a disk image?
Do you have a fix for this?