Hi,

On Sat, Apr 8, 2017 at 2:14 PM, Wayne Dernoncourt <way...@panix.com> wrote:

> I've been trying to get FreeDOS to boot an HP desktop & a Lenovo laptop.
> The HP starts to boot the CD-ROM and the last message on the screen is
> Init disk and some periods.  How can I figure out what is wrong. Note that
> the same CD boots Dell & Gateway computers.

If your various machines behave differently, then you may wish to try
the "Legacy" CD (.iso).

Apparently some machines have compatibility issues, so it's
recommended to try either "standard" (FD12CD.iso) and/or "legacy"
(FD12LGCY.iso) until something works (or old release or custom made or
floppy or ...).