The win 7 was a 32 bit copy purchased on Amazon.
The software was a dvd converter to convert dvds to mp4.
It didn't work on XP so I wanted to try it on win 7; didn't work
there either. The 1st activation was slow painful and
successful. Win 7 gave warning about making changes.
I followed all instructions to the letter.
The message came from win 7. If you are connected
to wifi I think it does the reactivation automatically and
quietly.

cheers
DS

>From Dale Sterner - MS organic chemistry
http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/jo00975a052

Police Urge Americans to Carry This With Them at All Times
The Observer
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/58fa107eebcb5107e4c43st03duc